https://studentpltnews-images.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/30092639/RV-12-in-flight.jpg 600 900 John Zimmerman https://flighttrainingcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/FTC-logo-horizontal-fianl.png John Zimmerman2022-01-13 17:00:092022-09-30 09:27:33How to become a pilot – a learn to fly checklist
1 min read
How to become a pilot – a learn to fly checklist
The process of learning to fly can seem overwhelming at first. But you can do it, and our team of flight instructors here at Sporty’s can help. That’s why we’ve developed this quick checklist of key steps to help you become a pilot:
- Locate flight schools in your area (search our database here)
- Take a tour and choose a school that best fits your needs (here’s how)
- Talk to your instructor and share your goals (if you’re interested in becoming a professional pilot, read this)
- Take a first flight lesson (watch a video preview)
- Purchase a home study course to prepare for your lessons and your FAA tests (free demo here)
- Decide whether you’ll pursue the Sport, Recreational or Private Certificate (compare them here)
- Schedule an FAA medical exam with a local AME (not required for Sport)
- Pass your FAA Knowledge Test
- Pass your FAA Flight Test and earn your license
- Have fun!
- Read our entire Getting Started series for more answers.
- Sign up for Sporty’s free Get Started Learning to Fly course.
Latest posts by John Zimmerman (see all)
- Free training tools available in Sporty’s Pilot Training app - December 15, 2022
- How to get an IFR clearance at a non-towered airport - October 31, 2022
- Flip the pages of the new Flight Training Central print edition - October 3, 2022