https://flighttrainingcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/172-landing.bak.jpg 664 1019 Eric Radtke https://flighttrainingcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/FTC-logo-horizontal-fianl.png Eric Radtke2021-10-08 10:00:252021-10-05 14:37:51FAA releases updated Airplane Flying Handbook
FAA recently released the 2021 edition of the Airplane Flying Handbook. Updates include:
- Chapter 1 (Introduction to Flight Training) – Added information on the FAA Wings Program.
- Chapter 4 (Energy Management) – All new chapter/material.
- Chapter 9 (Approaches and Landings) – Added information concerning a forward slip to a landing. Changed description associated with Crosswind Final Approach. Removed material on 360 degree power-off landing as this maneuver is not part of testing standard.
- Chapter 10 (Performance Maneuvers) – Added information on lazy eights.
- Chapter 13 (Transition to Multiengine Airplanes) – Accelerated approach to stall minimum altitude revised to match the ACS. The 14 CFR part 23 certification standard used for many multiengine airplanes is now referred to a historical standard, since many of the previous requirements will not apply to newly certificated aircraft.
- Chapter 18 (Emergency Procedures) – Revised information regarding the safety of turning back after an engine failure after takeoff. Added a section on emergency response systems to include ballistic parachutes and autoland systems.