Free getting started course now available
Learning to fly is a process, but oftentimes the most confusing part is taking that first step. How do you find a flight school? What should you ask a prospective flight instructor? What’s the difference between a Sport Pilot and Private Pilot certificate? Sporty’s has recently released a new course to help answer these questions, and it’s completely free.
The course, called Get Started with Learning to Fly, features videos, articles, and other resources for the brand new pilot. This includes:
- Four video segments covering the basics of learning to fly, finding a flight school, and what a first lesson looks like
- A Twelve part article series that addresses common questions, like Part 61 vs. 141 schools, FAA medical requirements, and cost
- A flight school directory, searchable by zip code, with contact information for nearby schools
- A high resolution Cessna 172 cockpit poster, great for getting acquainted with a common training airplane
- Helpful links to other resources and essential pilot supplies.
The course works on variety of devices, including web browsers, iOS devices, and Android devices. The course is 100% free, but registration is required. You can sign up here.
- Round-Dial or Glass, Which Is Right for Me? - May 30, 2023
- 5 flight training myths - May 20, 2023
- What’s the best time of year for pilot training? - May 17, 2023