https://studentpltnews-images.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/05172452/7592b.jpg 1000 1000 John Zimmerman https://flighttrainingcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/FTC-logo-horizontal-fianl.png John Zimmerman2020-04-11 09:00:132021-08-19 14:13:46Webinar video: Datalink Weather how to use ADS-B and SiriusXM in the cockpit
Webinar video: Datalink Weather how to use ADS-B and SiriusXM in the cockpit
1 min read
Datalink weather has the potential to make your flying safer and more comfortable – but only if you know how to use it properly. Join Air Facts editor, John Zimmerman, for an in-depth look at ADS-B, SiriusXM and how to use them in flight. The webinar includes over an hour of practical tips for pilots of all levels.
Topics covered include:
- Five essential rules for weather flying
- Why datalink weather is always delayed
- What’s the difference between ADS-B and SiriusXM?
- How to choose a portable receiver – Stratus, Sentry and Garmin
- Avoiding IFR conditions, thunderstorms, and in-flight icing
- Five real world scenarios that show these principles in action
Learn more about portable weather receivers here
Latest posts by John Zimmerman (see all)
- Free training tools available in Sporty’s Pilot Training app - December 15, 2022
- How to get an IFR clearance at a non-towered airport - October 31, 2022
- Flip the pages of the new Flight Training Central print edition - October 3, 2022