https://studentpltnews-images.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/05170320/Baron-landing-tail.png 2160 3840 studentpltnews https://flighttrainingcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/FTC-logo-horizontal-fianl.png studentpltnews2020-12-04 10:16:152021-06-08 19:22:44AOPA Launches 2021 You Can Fly Scholarship Program
AOPA Launches 2021 You Can Fly Scholarship Program
1 min read
More than $1 million in flight training scholarships were awarded in 2020 as part of AOPA’s You Can Fly Scholarship program and the 2021 application window is open now with a deadline of Valentine’s Day, February 14.
Scholarships are available in several categories.
- Hight School Flight Training Scholarship – 80 high school students will receive awards of $10k each to complete a primary pilot certificate (Sport, Recreational or Private).
- Teacher Flight Training Scholarship – 20 teachers will be awarded $10k to earn a primary pilot certificate.
- Primary Flight Training Scholarship – scholarships of $2.5k – $7.5k will be awarded to AOPA members at least 16 years old to be used toward a primary pilot certificate.
- Advanced Rating Scholarship – scholarships $3k – $10k will be awarded to AOPA members seeking an Instrument Rating, Commercial certificate or other advanced certificate or rating.
In addition to AOPA scholarships, a number of industry-funded awards are also available.
The You Can Fly Scholarship Program funded by the AOPA Foundation. For more eligibility details and to apply, visit AOPA.org.
Latest posts by studentpltnews (see all)
- Flying for youth - March 13, 2023
- Soft Field Takeoff – HD Flight Maneuver Spotlight - August 22, 2022
- Slow Flight – HD Flight Maneuver Spotlight - July 25, 2022